Monday, May 6, 2013

Pin-spired hair - Game of Thrones styles

I was excited when I saw this week's challenge for Make-up Monday at Agape Love Designs.  The challenge is to recreate a look, mani/pedi, or hair style that you found on or pinned to Pinterest.

Makeup Monday

The Artist has quite a collection of hairstyle pins.  Over the past several weeks we've given a couple of them a try.  This pin and this pin to video tutorials were the winners for our attempts.

The first style is a Daenerys-inspired braided style.  I'll admit, I know nothing about Game of Thrones or any of the characters, so I have no idea how realistic this style might be, but it did turn out pretty cute.
I was a little nervous for the waterfall braid section, but all in all it wasn't too bad to do.  My spacing needs a little bit of help, but I'm sure that probably comes with practice.

The second style is for Arya Stark.  (Sorry for a less-than stellar photo, it was the best we ended up with.) 
This style is a double braid bun.  Wrap the braids around each other and pin in place.  Both of the pins above ^^ link to great video tutorials that move step-by-step at an easy-to-follow pace.

Special thanks to The Artist for encouraging me to play with her hair and to Maria and Andrea for hosting a great Makeup Monday challenge.  Maybe I'll try some pin-spired looks for me next.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Great work! I may have to look up some good ideas to get a little more creative with my girl's hair.