Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Saying Thank You

You've probably seen the "Month of Gratitude" challenge on Facebook, where everyone is encouraged to post things they're thankful for each day.  Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great idea, but I've never been diligent enough to carry it out for more than just a day or two.  I do try to count my blessings during November as well as instilling a sense of gratitude in my children.

Still, as the days of October were dwindling to a close, I found myself looking forward to November (mostly for the less-busy calendar squares that are quickly being filled now that they're visible).  I decided that while it's great to feel a personal sense of gratitude, I wanted to take things a step further and express my gratitude to people that have given me their support in one way or another.
I had a brainstorm that in addition to just thinking about something or someone I am grateful for, I'd like to send a thank you note to that person so they know I appreciate them.  It's a little way to reach outside myself.  So, my plan is to bring a bit of happiness and a spirit of Thanksgiving to mailboxes around the country this month.  Who's with me?

No comments: