Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Adventures with vinyl

I've been having fun decorating with vinyl lately.  Awhile back I scored a Groupon deal from Say It On the Wall.  I knew I wanted to get their Glass Block Nativity vinyl and recreate this idea for our Christmas decor.  That's on the to-do list in the next week or so.

But, here's some of my other vinyl projects:
Kitchen Conversion Chart - I have been informed by several family members that I put this up slightly crooked.  It looked straight to me, so I think the problem is with them.  My solution for the blog world: take a crooked, blurry photo so no one can judge my lining up ablities (or lack, thereof).
 I thought this Valentine's vinyl would be fun to put on bathroom mirrors.  I put one in the kids' bathroom and one in the middle of our ginormous master bath mirror.
The idea for this Forget Not tile comes from one of my favorite talks of all time.   I will say, this was a pain to put on the tile.  It may be that I should have cleaned the tile better before trying to apply the vinyl, but it ended up taking hours and slowly making sure each and every letter/element was stuck.  Some of the letters got crazy, but it's supposed to look hand-made, right?  Just be forewarned if you plan to try it yourself.

And last, but not least, my latest vinyl endeavor:
I was browsing on Facebook a few weeks ago and saw that Kristine from The Foley Fam/J&M's Eye Candy had posted hers and offered to have her friend create one for anyone who was interested.  My first thought was that it might make a great focal point above my mantel.  However, the size is too small there, but works perfectly underneath our family photo.  We'll see what my family says when they all get home from school/work.

No comments: