Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Christ-Centered Christmas: Angel

When did most of December disappear from the calendar?  I can't believe Christmas is less than a week away.  Being my usual procrastinating self, I still have 5 more sections of A Christ-Centered Christmas to share and 6 days in which to share them with you.  That's cutting it a bit close.  Anyway, today's section is focused on the angel.

The angels brought the shepherds news of the Savior's birth.  They didn't just whisper this news to one or two and expect the message to eventually get passed along to all.  They proclaimed the news with glory.  As part of your Christmas celebration, make some time to enjoy some carols, either listening or singing.  I have happy memories of the few years when we had a big extended family sing-along at my grandparents' house.  Several of my dad's cousins and their families all gathered together and we spent the evening singing Christmas music as well as munching on treats and visiting.  More recently, I remember the Christmas we spent with almost all of my siblings and their families after one brother's wedding.  It was great fun to be together on Christmas Eve singing and reminiscing until we were surprised by a visit from Santa.

A great way to finish off your night of music (in whatever form) is with a hot, steamy mug of hot cocoa.  Did you know you can make flavored hot cocoa with Kool-Aid?  Add 1 packet of raspberry or cherry Kool-Aid to about 4 cups of hot cocoa powder.  Mix well.  Use 2-3 tablespoons and 6-8 ounces of hot water.  Stir together and enjoy!

No comments: