Monday, December 12, 2011

Handmade Ornament Exchange

I recently participated in a handmade ornament swap.  I had a plan for the ornament I was going to make and had supplies, then I received an adorable package in the mail from Wendy of Wendy Mac Designs.  These goodies were inside:
 
 Aren't they adorable?  She had them all wrapped up with a cute ribbon and brooch holding everything together.
Enter my inadequacy syndrome.
How was I supposed to come up with something as cute as this? Suddenly my plan for the ornaments I was going to make looked very childish in comparison.  I only had a few days left for the deadline and I was back to square one.  I racked my brain for an idea that would be even half as cute as what Wendy sent.  I decided to fall back on my amigurumi skills and the general obsession around here with sock monkeys, and I invented a little crocheted sock monkey ornament.
What do you think?  Any interest in a tutorial?  Go here for the tutorial.
I also sent one of these cuties off to a different ornament exchange.  Unfortunately, I haven't received anything in return yet.

No comments: