Thursday, January 17, 2013

ABCs of me

I saw this on a blog recently and thought it was a fun idea for some "get-to-know-you" information.  So, the ABCs of me:

{A} Age: 37
{B} Bed size: Queen
{C} Chore you hate: Folding laundry and mopping the kitchen floor
{D} Dogs: puppies are cute; when they grow up, not so much; indoor dogs, NO WAY!
{E} Essential start to your day:  Managing to not sleep through the first alarm
{F} Favorite color: burgundy, mauve or forest green
{G} Gold or Silver: I used to say gold, nowadays I lean more to silver.
{H} Height: 5' 6.5"
{I} Instruments you play: piano and organ, I played the clarinet in middle school for a couple years, but just didn't love it and gave it up.
{J} Job Title: Mom
{K} Kids: 4 girls, 2 boys
{L} Live: Nebraska
{M} Married: coming up on 17 years in May
{N} Nicknames: mostly variations of my name: Amos from one of my aunts, Aim Toothpaste from friends in middle school 
{O} Overnight hospital stays: broken arm when I was about 11, 6 births
{P} Pet peeve:  When people run late, whining kids
{Q} Quote:  the current one on my calendar:  "Now is no time to think of what you do not have, think of what you can do with what there is." - Ernest Hemingway
{R} Righty or Lefty: Right
{S} Siblings: 5 brothers, 2 sisters; I'm the oldest
{T} Time you wake up: I generally roll out of bed about 5:15 to run my oldest daughter to her early morning religion class
{U} University attended: Ricks College and University of Idaho
{V} Vegetables you dislike: pickled beets or collard greens
{W} What makes you run late: I really try not to run late (see pet peeve above).  I'm usually pushing my husband and family out the door at least 10 minutes before we really need to leave so that by the time we do leave and get wherever we're going, we're not late.  I would much rather sit around and wait for 10 or 15 minutes than walk into a meeting or whatever 5 minutes late.
{X} X-Rays you've had: elbow (see overnight hospital stays), foot when I thought I had a stress fracture, dental
{Y} Yummy food: anything chocolate, unless it's dark chocolate.  It's okay if it's paired with a fruit flavor or maybe mint.  I'm a milk chocolate girl!
{Z} Zoo animal favorite: Kangaroos

No comments: