Monday, November 21, 2011

Sock Monkey hat

I happened across a cute pattern the other day for a sock monkey hat and knew I had to make one.
Now I think I've been roped into making 7 more for a family photo. At least they work up quickly.

I used this tutorial and made it my own.  I used a larger hook (K) since I tend to have a pretty tight crochet stitch.   I wanted to get the mottled monkey look, so I used a strand of brown and a strand of white yarn together.  I also used double strands for the top portion by pulling from both ends of the skein on the red and off-white.  My next task is to try adding ear flaps.  I'll add a tutorial if I can figure that out.

Linking up:

Happy Go Lucky

4 comments:

Becky said...

IT's very cute!

Unknown said...

Oh. my. goodness. That is just adorable! We love sock monkeys around here. Thanks so much for linking at Shine On Fridays; hope you'll join us again! Have a great holiday!

Catie said...

Oh, so cute!!! Love the use of two colors of yarn for the monkey! Genius - and authentic! Much love!

Unknown said...

Oh Amy, this is so CUTE!!! I love sock monkeys. You did fantastic on yours. I am pinning it so I can remember it!