Monday, November 7, 2011

Ornament Swaps

I love ornament swaps.  Of course, that could be because a) I love getting fun stuff in the mail.  Seriously, if you want to make my day, send me something.  It's like Christmas or my birthday every time I find something besides bills in the mailbox.  Or, b) because I love everything to do with Christmas.  My mom was always very firm that we couldn't decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving.  I get that Thanksgiving is an important holiday and I am thankful, I really am, I just love Christmas decor!  I figure if I wait until after Thanksgiving dinner I'm fine and still maximize my time with Christmas stuff.

Anyway, I have a group of online friends that I have been emailing for almost 11 years.  They've seen me through good times and bad, and are some of my best friends even though I've never met any of them in real life.  We've been swapping ornaments for something like 8 or 9 of those 11 years.  It's so fun each year to pull out the ornaments and remember who sent each one and the reasons they chose that particular ornament, in some cases.

This year I decided to branch out a little and join in a couple of other ornament swaps.  I'm excited to try the handmade swap with And Nothing Else Matters and Miss Mommy.  I actually have a great idea that I'm planning to try that I saw in January or so and have been waiting all year for the excuse to actually start crafting.  We'll see how it turns out.



I'm also participating in a swap through Eisy Morgan.  This one is your choice of handmade or purchased.


Come join in the fun!

No comments: