Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pins worth trying

I'm great at pinning things to try later.  Problem is, "later" may never actually come.  So, I decided to remedy this affliction for a couple of my pins.  If you love cinnamon rolls (or even if you don't), these pancakes need to go on your "to-try" list ASAP.  They were so good, I didn't even get any photos of my version, so you'll have to let your mouth water with the original.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes pinned here
I used fresh ground whole wheat flour and instead of a cream cheese glaze just did a vanilla glaze (3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2-3 Tbsp. milk, 1 tsp. vanilla).

Another "tried that" pin is these no-rise rolls.
No-rise rolls pinned here
We demolished the recipe for dinner and snacks throughout the evening.  I whipped up another batch for use in lunches when I realized we didn't have any bread in the house.  Those didn't last very long, either.  I subbed whole wheat flour and added 1/2 cup flax meal.  My next attempt will be replacing the sugar with honey.

While I can in no way take any responsibility for the original posting, I highly recommend both of these recipes.  Let me know if you try them and what you think.

1 comment:

Henry Family said...

So we tried the rolls last night. They turned out great. Thanks for sharing them. Emily wants to try the pancakes too. She is a pancake girl.