Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fitness Dice

My family has been doing a health challenge for the past couple months.  It is partly a "Biggest Loser" contest and partly making changes to add healthier eating and fitness into your schedule.  Last night we completed one of the kid challenges for the month.  It was a lot of fun, except for the push-ups even as a grown-up, so I thought I'd share.

Fitness Dice
Materials needed:  1 die

Instructions:  Roll the die.  This number determines your activity.
1 - Push-ups
2 - Sit-ups
3 - Squats
4 - Leg lifts
5 - Toe touches
6 - Jumping jacks
Roll the die again.  Multiply the number by 3 and do the activity this many times. 
Repeat.

We each did 10 rounds.  Push-ups were definitely the most difficult.  Most of the others weren't nearly as hard.  All in all, it is a strategy I will keep around -- it could be a great summertime boredom buster.  You could do a couple rounds during commercials or take a "fitness break" for 10 minutes a few times a day.  Let me know if it works for you.

1 comment:

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

Hey Amy, thanks for linking this up to my boredom busters linky!! :) I LOVE this idea, definitely going to pin to remember. The kids always want to exercise with me and the hubs and I think this would be a fun way to include them! :)

Also... did you get a new site or something, because I was sure I was already following your blog!? But turns out I wasnt... so I am following now (again?) lol. :)

~Maria-Isabel