Friday, September 30, 2011

The Artist

I've felt like I've been in a bit of a blogging funk lately.  So, I decided it might be fun to introduce each of my children.  We'll start with The Artist.

 This is our oldest daughter.  Isn't she beautiful?  I have been told from the time she was born that she looks just like me.  I have a hard time seeing it unless I'm looking at old photos, but if everyone says so, it must be true.

She is a self-proclaimed geek and loves watching sci-fi stuff (Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, manga cartoons, etc.).  She also loves crime dramas and has decided she wants to pursue a career as a forensic anthropologist.  Lately her artistic side has really come out more and more.  Nearly every time she has a camera in her hands she takes a photo like this:
her foot and the ground.  Someday she should collage them into a big series of feet and ground textures.

She has this great ability to see art in common objects.  I see a cup that needs to be thrown away.  She sees a sculpture.
Then there's her drawings.  She enjoys manga-style art and has done quite a few different pieces.  This was the Castle fan art she drew for my birthday.
So there you have an introduction to my daughter, The Artist.

No comments: