Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm NOT ready for this

Yesterday we had the first snow of the season.  I came to the realization I do every year with the first snowfall -- I'm NOT ready for winter!!!  I'm not a cold-weather person.  Give me warm and sunny, but not too hot and sunny.  However, I do love watching the snow fall.  Seeing the younger kids' reactions was priceless.

I suppose we're fortunate that we don't live in the Northeast where they got pummeled with snow.  Yesterday's snow was really wet and heavy.  It was really weighing down the branches on my beautiful oak tree out front.

Here's some comparisons, yesterday:
Today in roughly the same spot:
More of the oak tree yesterday:
A similar view today:
In the back yard, this is "the climbing tree":
And a close up, those branches are touching the ground.
Today (don't mind the window reflections, today is much sunnier than yesterday):
What a difference a day makes!  We're even supposed to warm up into the 50s and maybe 60s for the weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Nice pictures! I am a new follower from Tag Along Thursday!