Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday 10 - Favorite Picture Books

Since I'm chairing the book fair at our elementary school this week, I thought I'd compile a list of my 10 favorite picture books.  Some are favorites from my childhood and some are favorites for my kids.
(All the images have been borrowed from Amazon.com.)

1- "I can't" said the ant is the first book I ever remember getting from a book order.  My first grade class read it together and the teacher encouraged everyone to order a copy.
2- The Little House was a childhood favorite.
3- The Poky Little Puppy - another childhood favorite.
4- Love You Forever - Somehow I was in college before I heard of this book.  I got a copy for myself when my oldest was a baby.  I can't read it without tearing up at the end.
5- The Monster at the End of This Book was a favorite when my younger siblings were little.

6- Another Monster at the End of This Book was a discovery when my kids were little.  Our copy got all beat up, so I need to find another one.
7- Guess How Much I Love You - we didn't own a copy until I found a "Baby's First Year" calendar for one of my kids.  Then I had to get the book to match.

8- Stellaluna  was another college discovery.  I've used it with my own kids to help them learn that bats aren't scary.
9- Are You My Mother?  is one I remember having my aunts read to me when I was little.
10- Winnie the Pooh is a classic from my childhood.  I remember reading how to play Poohsticks and thought it was the best game ever.  I even created a version with toothpicks in a cake pan for a group project in my college Children's Lit class.

I'll be linking up with Mindy.

No comments: