Thursday, August 25, 2011

A couple of recipes

First off, I'm not on top of things enough to do the step by step photo guides for recipes, so you'll have to survive with just the old-fashioned recipe itself. :)  Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite easy recipes.  The chicken one came from my sister-in-law and the steak fries I got from a class in college.  Enjoy!

Cream Cheese Chicken
(a chicken gravy made in the crockpot)

4-5 chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup butter
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed

Put chicken and butter in crockpot.   Sprinkle Italian dressing mix over the top.  Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.  Stir in soup and cream cheese.  Cover.  Increase heat to high and simmer for another hour.  Serve over noodles or rice.

Homemade Steak Fries

Potatoes
Non-stick cooking spray
Seasoned salt

Scrub potatoes.  Cut as desired (I like spears) and place on cookie sheet.  Spray potatoes with non-stick cooking spray.  Sprinkle with seasoned salt or other desired toppings.  Broil 10-15 minutes until lightly browned and tender.  Best when served with fry sauce (catsup and mayo mixture, for anyone not from the Mountain West area).

1 comment:

Heath and Jessica said...

I have this exact chicken recipe. We like it over egg noodles. It is so yummy!