Monday, January 9, 2012

WIW -- Orchard necklace

Several weeks ago I was the lucky winner of a customized statement necklace from Stephanie at Luxe Boulevard.  I first discovered Stephanie's blog and shop as she was making the shift to focusing exclusively on her bridal accessories.  I bought a couple of necklaces and always get compliments when I wear them.  I knew whatever she came up with for my statement necklace would be amazing.
I contemplated ideas, color choices, and got the brainstorm that the one thing that the necklace could incorporate to be completely "me" is . . . apples.  I am obsessed with apples.  I just might share a bit about that obsession in a future post.
Stephanie took my apple suggestion and came up with the idea of the Orchard Necklace in reds and golds.  She found some fun, glittery apples and worked her magic from there.  I fell in love when I first pulled the necklace out of the packaging.

This was my church ensemble this week.  I paired the necklace with a plain shirt and my red plaid skirt.  Simple, but I thought it kept the focus on the necklace. Wearing something this bold and attention-getting was a huge risk for me, but I think it was worth it.  I'm excited to figure out other ways to wear the necklace.
T-shirt: Hobby Lobby
Skirt: Sears
Necklace: Luxe Boulevard



pleated poppy




Momma Go Round

3 comments:

Stephanie [Luxe Boulevard Bridal] said...

Aw, thank you for sharing. It looks wonderful with that outfit. And I love that you wore it to church!

www.luxeboulevard.com

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

Oh my gosh! I absolutely LOVE it!! You look amazing! I love the outfit and the necklace...Steph is amazing! :) And I think its great how your paired it with a more simple shirt, it looks great and I love the skirt too. :) I am glad you did a WIWW post! :)

I wanted to stop by and tell you that your blog-erview is up today!
Check it out here: http://www.agapelovedesigns.com/2012/01/blog-erview-with-amy-of-little-one-room.html

Simply.Lovely.Things said...

I love your shirt. So cute!

New follower from The Pleated Poppy

www.simply.lovely.things.com